Archives: FAQs

How do I obtain a passport?

Passports are issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. You may find information on their website. The USPS also provides information and assistance with applying for passports. The Rutherford County Library serves as a passport acceptance facility.  

What benefits does the Town offer?

The Town of Rutherfordton is a great place to work, offering an extensive benefits package including: Membership in the Local Governmental Employees’ Retirement System NC 401(k) & 457 Deferred Compensation Plans (Town contributes 4% to general employees and 5% to sworn law enforcement) Group Health Insurance that includes medical, vision and dental coverage Life Insurance … Continued

How can I obtain a burning permit?

If you are burning outside of the Town limits a burning permit from the NC Forest Service is required. These permits can be obtained from the North Carolina Forest Service website.  These permits are free, sent to you via email and are good for thirty days.  If you are burning it is also suggested that you … Continued

Close window