FAQ Topic: Police FAQs

What are the rules regarding controlling animals in Town?

A. Lost & Found Animals Stray & Feral Animals are subject to seizure by the Town and our agent Rutherford County Animal Services. Animals that have been seized are subject to a 3 day (72 hour) holding period at the Rutherford County Animal Shelter ( 656 Laurel Hill Drive, Rutherfordton, NC 28139) The Shelter may … Continued

What are the rules about skateboarding and skating in the Town?

A: No skateboarding or roller skating is allowed on Town sidewalks, streets, or any private property within the area of the north side of Sixth Street to a line running westerly from the south end of South Cleghorn Street to the south end of Mitchell Street and from the east side of Cleghorn Street (including … Continued

How do I get a copy of a police report?

A.  A party involved in an incident that results in a written report may request a copy of the report by coming by Town Hall during normal business hours (8-5, Monday – Friday) and a copy will be provided without charge. There is a fee that must be paid in advance if an involved party … Continued

Close window