How can I obtain a burning permit?

If you are burning outside of the Town limits a burning permit from the NC Forest Service is required. These permits can be obtained from the North Carolina Forest Service website.  These permits are free, sent to you via email and are good for thirty days.  If you are burning it is also suggested that you call Rutherford County Communications Center at 828-286-2911 to let them know about your control burn.

Click this link to access our burning permit flyer:

Close window