Can I burn inside Town limits?

No open burning inside the Town limits is allowed.  You are allowed to have a recreational fire inside a fire pit.  If you are burning outside of the Town limits a burning permit from the NC Forest Service is required. These permits can be obtained from the North Carolina Forest Service website.  These permits are free, sent to you via email and are good for thirty days.  If you are burning it is also suggested that you call Rutherford County Communications Center at 828-286-2911 to let them know about your control burn.


Close window