The Town accepts applications whenever there is a vacancy to be filled. Vacant positions will be posted on this page. If there is a position posted that you would like to apply for, you can download the employment application here
FOR POLICE POSITIONS ONLY - Download the police employment application form here
COME JOIN OUR TEAM CURRENTLY SEEKING APPLICATIONS FOR:
Summer Management Intern: - This position will serve alongside Town’s Leadership team with direct responsibility over a major city project selected by the candidate and the Town Manager. This opportunity will afford the ability to work with the Town Manager, Finance Director, & Town Clerk along with the Town Council, community leaders, and other boards. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn about local government and willing to handle non-traditional duties that build character and experience. The position is paid at $12 per hour and the intern is expected to work at least 32 hours per week minimum but 40 hours is preferred. This experience will give exposure into the 2016 Rural Center’s Small Town of Year’s operations and provide you the opportunity for community engagement, local government operations, project management, communication and a variety of other tasks.
Beyond that, we are seeking someone who:
- Is an effective communicator, both verbal & written
- Is driven, hard-working, passionate, and ready to learn
- Thrives in a close-knit, collaborative working environment
- Is a self-starter and will creatively take on projects
- Candidate considered will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program.
- General understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Interest in local government management and practices preferred.
- Requires the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Students interested in pursuing a degree in public administration, public policy or urban planning are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume & a letter of interest, to Doug Barrick, Town Manager via email email@example.com by January 25, 2018. The position is hourly and open from May-August of 2018 (10-12 Weeks). EOE